In its push to impose a neoconservative ideology on the United States, Fox News often interprets facts in a very colorful way. A study published this year showed that Fox viewers are the least informed of all viewers. Our neighbors to the north are more skeptical of the verbal pyrotechnics at Fox News.
Tabatha Southey, a columnist for Canada's second largest newspaper, the Globe and Mail, has conjured up a list of children's movies as they might be described by Fox News after a Fox News commentator denounced the new Muppet film for being anti-capitalist and ergo anti-American. [The film plot revolves around a greedy developer whose plans threaten the environment] I found the Foxification of Disney list brilliant. Please enjoy and feel free to share (but make sure to credit Ms. Southey).
1. Charlotte's Web of Lies: A rat persuades a pig to take his place in the food chain, after an elitist spider who has far more children than she can reasonably afford tries to talk him into pursuing a liberal education instead.
2. Where the Wild Things Are Hunted to Extinction but Free-Market Capitalism Ensures that Housing is Built.
3. Mrs. Frisby Rats Out the Welfare Queens of Nim.
5. Monsters Inc. Busts a Union.
6. Snow White and the Seven – No, Six – Excellent Republican Nominee Hopefuls.
7. 101 Dalmatians Help Employ a Large Number of Furriers.
8. Night at the Creationist Museum: Although exhibits come to life, a man spends a restful night in the museum, because dinosaurs and humans existed together quite peacefully.
9. The Land Before All the Illegal Immigrants Ruined It.
10. Finding Nemo's Birth
11. Harry Potter and the Invisible Hand.
12. The Black Stallion Who Would Not Be There If Not for Affirmative Action.
13. The War on Christmas Story.
14. Robin Hood and His Entitled Men: The brave Prince John promotes stability by fighting unconstitutional wealth-distribution schemes.
15. Kung Fu. Panda Hardly Needs To Be On The Protected Species List, He Knows Kung Fu."